As long as you have some good basics (a perfect bun, an expertly crafted patty, and a strong cheese), you can make a good burger; but sometimes you just want to add a little something to punch up the flavor. Here are some of our favorite ways to spice up your burger and spice up your life!
- Mac and Cheese: Add every food from your backyard BBQ to create a mouth-watering flavor and filling meal. Macaroni noodles add a little bit of softness before biting into the juicy meat. Plus, extra cheese is always a good idea. No one can argue with that.
- Mozzarella Sticks: If extra cheese is always a good idea, then FRIED cheese is even better right? Mozzarella sticks add a little bit of a crunch and gooey melted cheese.
- Grilled Pineapple: Pineapple on pizza might be a topic to argue over, but pineapple on a burger is another story. The sweet/tart flavor of the pineapple contrasted with the saltiness of the patty creates an explosion of flavor in your mouth. And if you grill the pineapple it won’t get your buns all soggy! Win-win.
- Fried Pickles: Bring the county fair to your burger by throwing some fried pickles on your patty. Pickles are a standard topping, but fried pickles are a real treat. The added crunch and seasoned breading add a savory burst with every bite.
- Chili: A good old fashioned recipe added onto a burger is sure to be a wild ride. All the comfort food in one bite you could desire.
- Fig Jam: Now hear us out -- it’s actually better than you’d expect. It adds a touch of sweetness to the salty concoction for a dynamic flavor experience. Maybe throw on some of those fried pickles too!
- Sweet Potato Fries: If you want a dash of sweetness but don’t want as much as the pineapple or fig jam, then this is a great option. They’re a healthier alternative to regular fries, but somehow taste even better (in our opinion).
You don’t need spices to spice up your burgers. You just need a few creative ingredients and a willingness to experiment. That’s what we pride ourselves on, and sometimes we just come up with some incredible creations. Got any ideas for us? Be sure to drop them in the comments below!