Almost every one of our burgers on the Boston Burger Company menu have cheese. And some of them have more than one because we’re wild like that. Let’s face it: cheese is an essential ingredient for a nice, juicy burger. But knowing which cheeses to use will set you apart from amateur cooks to champion chefs. Today we’re sharing the best cheeses for burgers.
1. American Cheese. The salty, yet creamy American cheese is a classic you just can’t go wrong with. It adds that little somethin’ somethin’. Pro tip: Always add two slices!
Find American cheese on our All American, Artery Clogger, Boston Burger, Burger Bomb, Hot Mess, Killer Bee, Kitchen Sink, Pigferno, Pilgrim, Ranch, and 420 burger.
2. Goat Cheese. Though a lighter choice for a meaty burger, goat cheese will add a nice tangy flavor. It’s great for burgers with a sweet sauce or a spicy remoulade.
Find goat cheese on our Sophie burger.
3. Cheddar Cheese. Perhaps as much of a classic as American cheese, cheddar cheese adds a zippier boost of flavor. Try grating a block of cheddar before adding it to your burgers.
Find cheddar cheese on our Inferno, Jalapeno, Jumbo, Kitchen Sink, Porkasaurus, Rundown, Texan, and Vermonster burger.
4. Cheddar Jack Cheese. We love cheddar jack cheese for its melt factor. It makes for a super-gooey cheese sauce with a nice, mild flavor. It pairs great with spicy toppings, like sauteed peppers and pickled jalapeno.
Find cheddar jack cheese on our Green Monstah burger.
5. Blue Cheese. This creamy cheese melts delightfully. It brings a funky flavor into the mix too. Creamy cheese + crispy charred burgers = win.
Find blue cheese on our All American and Buffalo burger.
We certainly don’t stop at these cheeses. On the Boston Burger Company menu we’ve also got feta, provolone, and Swiss cheese. And if you’re really into the stuff, don’t miss our 4-cheese mac & cheese. Top your burger with a scoop of it or try our brand new mac & cheese entrees. We’re talking major #foodporn over here.